CRRMH POSITION PAPERRural Suicide and its Prevention: a CRRMH position paper December 2017 ()
GLOVE BOX GUIDE TO MENTAL HEALTH
Introduction to our 'Let's Talk' series.
Why your GP can be the most important person if you’re struggling.
Disasters, trauma and keeping yourself and loved ones mentally healthy.
The benefits of creating mentally healthy workplaces.
Changing landscapes and transitioning back to life on the land.
Suicide prevention initiatives in rural, regional and remote communities.
Mental health peer workers' role in the workforce.
Meet Kia- radio producer and presenter.
Coping with drought, staying connected and accessing support.
The issues impacting mental health in rural LGBTIQ communities.
Loneliness and its impact on mental health and wellbeing.
What makes it difficult for men to look after their mental health?
Shining a light on some outstanding mental health champions.
What happens when carers need to be cared for?
Floods, fires, accidents, tragedy- first responders see a lot.
What support and treatment is available for people in rural areas?
Substance abuse, mental ill-health and the treatment options available.
The idea of masculinity and what it looks like in 2019.
In this episode, we discuss the issue of homelessness and the impact on mental health and wellbeing
ONLINE FORUMS WITH THE LAND
- 3rd Mar 2017 – ‘Bullying and mental health’
- 1st Apr 2017 – ‘Coping with natural disasters’
- 5th May 2017 – ‘Let’s talk about improving your mental wellbeing’
- 8th Sep 2017 – ‘Rural Suicide Prevention‘
- 6th Oct 2017 – ‘Stay Connected and stay mentally well’
RESOURCES TO TRACK HOW ARE YOU GOING?
RESOURCES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Infographic: How Are You Going? Infographic (Youth resource) ()
Quick Quiz – Find out how you’re really doing in less than 5 minutes
RESPECTFULLY ENGAGING WITH RURAL COMMUNITIES INFORMATION SHEETRespectfully engaging with rural communities ()
LETS TALK FACT SHEETS
- Fact sheet: Let's talk seeing your GP about your mental health (372 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let's talk managing stress during drought (393 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let’s talk taking care of yourself following a natural disaster (779 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let’s talk Where to find help for mental health concerns (472 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let’s talk Mental health phone services (333 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let’s talk Online help for mental health concerns (344 KB)
- Fact Sheet: Let’s talk Mental health professionals (341 KB)
ACT BELONG COMMIT FACT SHEETS
- Creating a Mentally Healthy Workplace (724 KB)
- Keeping Mentally Healthy (752 KB)
- Keep Physically Active for Health and Happiness (1,005 KB)
- Belong for Health and Happiness (1,005 KB)
ACT BELONG COMMIT RESOURCES
- Wellbeing@Work (2 MB)
- Act-Belong-Commit 2016 CRRMH Evaluation Report (3 MB)
- The Act-Belong-Commit Guide to Keeping Mentally Healthy (2 MB)
- The Act-Belong-Commit Self-assessment (320 KB)
RESOURCES FOR DISCUSSING SUICIDEConversations Matter - Resource for discussing suicide (946 KB)