Be Gentle On Yourself – free wellbeing events with RAMHP and Melinda Schneider
About these events
The Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP) together with RAMHP Ambassador Melinda Schneider are rolling out a series of FREE wellbeing events in rural communities.
Come and take some time out, enjoy a cuppa with friends, listen to some inspiring songs and reflect on your own mental health and wellbeing.
- Hear from much loved Australian country music singer and song writer Melinda Schneider as she shares her story about her struggles with mental ill-health. Melinda is passionate about encouraging rural people, particularly women to seek help if they need to.
- Learn what it means to be ‘gentle on yourself‘. Listen to a few of Melinda’s most healing songs about self-acceptance and taking care of yourself.
- Participate in an engaging discussion with local Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP) Coordinators from each community about ‘wellbeing and self-care’ and how we can all find more ways of being ‘gentle on ourselves’. There are things we can all do to improve our mental health and wellbeing and support each other.
- There will also be an opportunity to connect with others over morning tea as well as a Q & A at the end of the session. The ‘Be Gentle On Yourself’ event series is a partnership between the Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP) and RAMHP Ambassador, Melinda Schneider. This event is free to attend. Bookings are essential!
The events are as follows:
- Saturday 5 June 10-12 noon – Wagga Wagga
- Thursday 17 June – 5.30-7.30pm -Goulburn
- Sunday 20 June – 10 -12 noon – Dubbo
- Saturday 26 June – 12-2pm – Casino
About Melinda Schneider
Australian country music singer and song writer Melinda Schneider is an Ambassador for our Rural Adversity Mental Health Program (RAMHP).
Melinda has her own lived experience of mental ill-health and is keen to share her story particularly to rural communities. She has a strong connection to rural and remote communities after spending a lot of her life touring in them as a country music artist.
She hopes that by sharing her story it will help to reduce stigma around mental ill-health and encourage help seeking in rural communities.
Melinda has written a new song and website: Be Gentle On Yourself which focuses on the importance of looking after yourself.
You can watch Melinda’s story here:
How to register
To register for one of these events simply click on the links above and register online. Bookings are essential!